Tuesday, September 6, 2022

One Minute Cat Reviews



I love cats! I’ve never met a bad one. Or, I should say, even the bad ones are good ones in my book. My two cats fill my days with happiness and delight. If I’m ever in a bad mood, all I have to do is seek one of them out, and all my worries melt away. I can always count on cats to put a smile on my face. Here are my reviews. 


LILOU (aka DEEDOO aka “THE DAINTY DAME”) Lilou is a wonderful cat. She’s 15 years old! She is pleasantly plump and has beautiful black fur and white whiskers. She enjoys being scratched and petted lightly on her cheeks, head, and under her chin. She does not like getting scratched or petted on her back, sides, stomach, or rump. She is sensitive. Her meow is a deep, full-throated, richly sonorous bellow. She enjoys catching moths, flies, and even the occasional mouse. She likes crunchy cat treats and dry food. She only likes one brand and flavor of wet food. For a special treat she likes tuna. Some may opine that Lilou can be rather curmudgeonly or aloof in temperament, but in my view her no-nonsense attitude merely adds to her charm. Lately she has been eating a diet composed solely of wet food, which has improved her personality as well as her figure, and added to the shimmering luster of her coat. Indeed it seems as though she has been in some sense reconstituted by this moisture-rich diet. When she eats, she does so quite daintily, using her tongue to lap up the food one tiny nibble at a time. This habit is what earns her the affectionate moniker: “THE DAINTY DAME!” 


EMILIO (aka EMILE) Emilio…what a great cat! He is approximately two to two-and-a-half years old. It is difficult to pinpoint his precise age, owing to the fact that he was feral for the first months of his life. As a kitten, he emerged from the forest near my house, and was often wont to stare longingly in the direction of the kitchen, hoping, I could only surmise, for a cookie or scrap of fish or meat. Only after about six months of regular feeding, did he become comfortable enough to enter the house and become part of our kitty family. Emilio has beautiful black fur and gray whiskers. He is lithe, sleek, and deadly, the ultimate mouser. When he becomes excited, the fur on his tail poofs up immensely, and resembles an old bottle brush. He enjoys being petted and brushed, and also enjoys snuggling. His meow is a tinny, high-pitched squeak. He can be extremely annoying, especially when he is hungry, which is all the time. He will eat almost anything, he’s basically a vacuum. Why, I’ve seen him catch and eat four mice in a row, one after the next after the next. I’ve seen him eat mouse after mouse until he vomits. It’s disgusting. He is endlessly affectionate and loves to give lots of kisses, snuggles, and headbutts. But watch out! He’s frisky, too, and has no qualms about shedding blood, even the blood of them that he’s closest to. 


Lilou’s Big Meow




Emilio’s Extraordinary Poof


No comments:

Post a Comment

LIVEBLOG: JUNE 5, 2023

5:10 a.m. Emilio woke me up mewing and scratching at door. Fed both cats and went back to sleep 9:09 a.m. Eating oatmeal in bed. Paid overdu...